Ice Cream Month! Wednesday, July 01, 2015
You love it, we love it and every kid who’s ever lived has loved it, too.
That’s why we’re pleased to say that we’re once again pulling out all the stops to celebrate National Ice Cream Month, just as we’ve done every July since our doors first opened.
Thing is, this year, we’re going about it a little bit differently.
Specifically, Pastry Chef Jeremy Intille is digging deep into his culinary toolbox—and digging deep into our collective childhood memories when even just the first few chiming notes of The Entertainer would send us into Pavlovian fits of irrepressible ice cream madness, like dogs who’ve just been asked “Wanna go for a ride?”
Yup, Jeremy’s OG Sweet Shop line of Ice Cream Month ice creams are inspired by the snacks sold by the men who spent sunny summer afternoons doling out things like Drumsticks, Choco Tacos, Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwiches, Fudgsicles, Klondike Bars and It’s-Its.
In fact, those are the treats Chef Jeremy will be whipping up come July. Sure, we’ll rename them in the coming weeks so that we don’t infringe on any copyrights, but we will let them guide us—only we’ll be using far superior ingredients, naturally.
So come on down and see us. Bring the kids, why don’t you, and treat the little one inside of you, too, while you’re at it.
Chef Jeremy’s Ice Cream Delights Include:
Polar Squares (inspired by Klondike Bars)
- Nutty Joe: Stumptown Coffee and praline, vegan coconut coffee Ice cream, toasted hazelnuts
- Guilty Pleasure: Vegan vanilla coconut ice cream coated in Oreo pieces
- Chocolate Almond Crunch: Dairy-free coconut chocolate ice cream, roasted almonds
- Breakfast of Champions: Vanilla ice cream, toffee bits, housemade frosted fakes
- Classic: Vanilla ice cream
Choco-Pops (inspired by Fudgsicles) with Valrhona Chocolate
- Illanka dark chocolate
- Bahibe milk chocolate
- Caramelia roasted milk chocolate
- Dulce: roasted white chocolate
- Opalys: white chocolate
Paletas (inspired by popsicles)
- Strawberry Banana
- Piña collada
Hop Rocket (inspired by the Drumstick)
- Buttermilk and hop waffle cone, HUB brewery Seven Grain Survival Stout ice cream, caramel and puffed red barley
Dulce Taco (inspired by the Choco Taco)
- Orange and cinnamon “taco shell,” flan ice cream, dulce de leche, dolce pearls
What’s-It (inspired by the It’s-It)
- Spiced oatmeal cookie sandwich with vanilla custard ice cream
- Chocolate Whoopie pie filled with chocolate ice cream, dipped in chocolate
Triple Threat (inspired by the Neapolitan Sandwich)
- Dark chocolate ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream, strawberry jam ice cream in between two soft chocolate wafers.